A research Topic Seminar: From numbers to decisions- statistics and extreme weather
13.09.2012 - 14.09.2012
An extreme weather seminar together with the department of Geosciences and met.no in Oslo.
We expect in the Nordic region a warmer and wetter climate. The uncertainty of these scenarios is large but even the risk will have great consequences in society. The seminar is multidisciplinary and focuces on:
- The processses behind extreme weather incidences and variation
- Statistics of extremes, advanced and more simple statistics
- The use of extreme value in hydrology and climate research
- The use of extreme value theory in economics and finance
- Extreme weather, who has the responsibility?
- Extreme weather events and land useplanning, risk management
Time: 13-14th of September
Place: CIENS, Gaustadbekkdalen, Oslo
ResClim will cover the cost for members that want to participate.Login to join Share on Facebook...